Letter to Sarah & Christina (July 14, 2017)

Dear Sarah and Christina,

     I found the old picture of our tea tree party stump at the old yellow house. Was it around 2005 or so that I built it-sort of? Lol, I remember standing on a chair, chain sawing the tree down, an old crabapple that had lots of tent worms, there were 2 of them on the front lawn at the time. Anyway, standing on a chair, using our small farm chainsaw I think for the first time on my own. Jeff was driving by and pulled over to tell me how dangerous it was for me to chainsaw standing on a chair. Which it was. Anyway, following the subsequent dismantling of the tree, we set up stumps, and I got the old John Deere and used the bucket to take the debris out back to be burned. Jeff later offered to get me a wooden spool top, and voila! We had our tea tree party stump setting. Dad was away on a trip, and he never noticed the missing trees till I asked him if he thought anything was different. That made us laugh.
      I think Gretel has a photo of little girls in long ball gowns playing and laughing as they served tea and goodies. Will try to find one to post. I hope you get the stumps you want Sarah, or you can come up home. I have plenty you can choose from, we burn wood at the cottage, and dad likes to collect stumps out by the driveway. Actually, Claire used several for her wedding last summer. Be safe, be honorable and kiss my PennyRose for me. Someone sent photos of her first day at school. She looks just like you and Gretel. Noah wants her to come see him. We all are so proud of our sweet little girl.

Xoxo. Love and hugs,
Mom