Letter to Jonathan and Carly (July 28, 2017)

Dear Jonathan and Carly,

     When I stopped by your home over a week ago and knocked, it was one of the happiest days of my life. Because Carly opened the door! And in the course of our conversation, she allowed me to see your son Jackson (who is four yrs. old) for the first time in his little life. And of course talking with him, and the sweetness of his walking up to me so I could pick him up and hug and kiss him, still makes me weep.
     I am so thankful for that moment. Wish I could have held little Madeline also, and most especially son, I wish you had been there so I could hug you. The picture I chose above is from one of our family Christmases. You were a hero to your siblings (pictured above w Gretel) and also your cousins. Much damage has been done to those relationships by you. And knowing how true blue you aspire to be, the truth of your actions probably will sideline you upon discovery. But never fear, you will regain what you once destroyed when you man up and go to each one and apologize. And we are here to help you. You won't be alone.
      Carly told me that day at your home that I raised five wonderful children. And I told her, yes I did. So come home, Jonathan. I am waiting with open arms for my firstborn child. You must not let anyone make you afraid of your own flesh and blood. If you cannot come to me, I will continue to come and write and call you until you can hug me yourself. I love you unconditionally. Always have and always will. You are my son.

Love,
Mom