Mother's Day (May 14, 2017)

     I woke up and thought I need to go down to Virginia to try and see my children on Mothers Day. So I came and found some flower baskets to hang on the girls' doors. I have six wonderful grandbabies and five beautiful children. But Mother's Day I will be knocking on doors of four of them hoping to catch a glimpse of dearest faces. Faces that I raised and kissed and hugged. Laughed when they teased me, recited silly poems, cried when they got married, privately into my pillow at night, because they were grown and leaving the nest, loved unconditionally when they did naughty things or heart stopping moments when I wasn't sure if they were ok. It was a lot of work, and thank God they all turned out beautifully inside and out. Couldn't be more grateful for each one.
     Despite the sleepless nights, tears and sadness of the last few years, my children are worth every effort I have ever made and so much more. God bless them all and keep them from harm. I pray that we will soon be together. I will meet and hug and kiss the four grandchildren I do not know. We will laugh again. Jonathan will wrap his strong arms around me, and I will cry. Josh will lift me off my feet, and Sarah will sit close on one side and Christina on the other and Gretel will feed us all her amazingly delicious food and get the laughter and memories flowing again. Dropping little kisses on top my head occasionally. Lol. Noah will lead the other four kiddos and his little brother in the exploration of the fields and lake. Dad-Grampa will sigh with relief that all is once again as it should be. And this nightmare will never hurt us again. And in my dreams, Pastor Scott never does this to anyone ever again. And all the wounded, broken, divided families find a measure of peace and the restoration of all that was stolen from them. Stolen lives, affections, reputations, faith, innocence, peace.