A Letter about Being Put Away for Three Months (May 25, 2017)

  
 Nearly two weeks ago my daughter Sarah and her husband Taylor were visited by an aunt and uncle who came from out of state for a one-hour coffee to try and get our kids back. During the ensuing debate, my children asserted that Pastor Scott did not put their mom away in a motel....their father did that. This is a lie.
     When my husband told me he was going to put me away somewhere, I sobbed and begged him not to, people would think he was crazy, and pastor Scott would never endorse such behavior. He told me pastor Scott had told him to do it. I said no way; he did not. So he called Pastor Ron Zarou and putting the phone on speaker, he told him that I did not believe pastor wanted him to do this to me. Ron said to Tom, let me tell pastor as he's right here, and then I heard him say "Pastor says it's a good idea, Tom." I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach.
     After being put away, I was called every few days by Pastor Ron Zarou to see if I was 'Broken and repentant and able to be brought home' yet. He also came to the first hotel room to see me for a half hour with Tom, to rebuke me for crying and begging to go home. (I obeyed them all because I was told if I did not, then I would not see my children or grandchild again). This went on for the entire three months. Pastor Ron sent his wife, Tara, to bring me cash from my husband to pay for the room I rented upon being removed out of the motel after six weeks. Pastor Ron sent his wife to pick up the birthday gifts for my two youngest children who turned 15 and 18 while I was put away. I had finally found a job that the pastors approved, (I was told not to accept a secretarial position at a local orthopedic office because other Calvary Temple people worked there, and it would be difficult for them to work with me as I was marked, Pastor Ron told me.) So while working as a greeter at Dicks' store in the mall located in Sterling, I had my check deposited in our joint account. Tom had given me back my license and a credit card, phone, and car, so I could get to work and buy gas and food for myself. Each months rent was to be paid in cash, provided by Tom. Tara delivered the money to me, she would call my cell phone indicating she was waiting in the parking lot, I ran out to take it, she drove off. Supposedly everything was approved with Tom through Pastor Ron Zarou. I was told not to call Tom directly; Pastor Ron told me to call his cell phone directly, not the church phone.
     After three months of this life, Pastor Ron told me in a phone conversation that he thought I was possibly ready to be brought home. Tom called and came over and very nicely said he thought I was ready to come home. I said nothing. I had been beaten down completely. I was their puppet, and they pulled the strings. Even later that evening, when brought home, the first thing our son Josh said to us upon seeing me, was "Dad, does pastor know you brought mom home?" In an accusing voice, as though Dad was doing something wrong.
     Finally, I was not allowed to attend my children's school functions, sign their report cards, talk to their teachers even after coming home. I did not even attend church for a few weeks due to my work schedule at Dicks. Finally, my older children complained to their father, and finally to Pastor Ron Zarou, who told me that he had told Tom to find another job for me because the kids wanted me in church. Although first, he told me to ask for better hours, which I did; however, I was a new employee and had only been working about six weeks at that time, as the low guy on the schedule, I worked Sunday's and nights.
     The leadership and pastor Scott of Calvary Temple totally controlled my being put away, where, length of my separation from my children, my whole life. Yes my husband was culpable as well, he has acknowledged his part, but he did tell me that he was afraid of them and that they had told him that if he did not put me away, they would kick him out of church. Also, a few days after I was brought home, Tom and I were out walking when Deacon Waleed Zarou (Ron Zarou's brother), drove by in his business car and stopped upon seeing us. He commented to us both how nice it was to see us out walking together, and that when Pastor Scott had told the deacons he was going to have Molly put away, all the deacons protested! Saying no pastor, Molly is a godly woman, if you put anyone out it should be Tom. But Pastor Scott replied, "Let's try it." It was then I realized it was an experiment on our family, to gain control over us. And my heart went cold.
     So yes, I was put away on the direct orders of Pastor Scott. All the other pastors and deacons know this to be true. Obviously, they have lied to my children about what really occurred. To protect pastor's reputation. If it WERE possible that only Tom did this to me, then shouldn't pastor Scott inquire what happened to Molly who attended his church and worked in his school as a helper? Why then did not my children come and find me? Why didn't they call our family in NY to ask where their mom was if she had disappeared so suddenly without a trace? Without a note or a phone call, while the younger children were in school, and I had not been allowed to speak with any of them before being taken away? Why did they NEVER ask me upon my return, where I was, what had happened? Why did they never reprove their dad for hiding me from them all for three months without any communication at all? And with my Sarah becoming pregnant during that time, why didn't she try and call to tell me she was expecting her first child?
     No, it is a lie to say Tom put me away. Pastor Scott ordered Tom to do it, walked him through every step of the three-month ordeal via the active participation of his assistant pastor Ron Zarou. And Ron Zarou often told me he was relaying 'pastors (Scott) heart' regarding the ongoing church 'discipline.'

Molly Fitch