Letter to My Children (March 28, 2024)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Christina,

Sending my love. You know I came down to see you a few weeks ago and reached out. Stayed 5 days hoping you’d want to see me, or talk. Nope. On Saturday, I did have a good cry. It’s been a while since I’ve mourned like that. You and Dad allowed Pastor Star Scott to ‘put me away’ on Christmas day 2011. Over 12 years ago.

This picture was taken on Christmas Day 2006. Jonathan, you were home for Christmas, in college, and living in Virginia. Here you are with your brother Josh, and Dad. Playing chess. Josh was rapidly becoming a formidable foe!

We are doing well. I am under the weather tonight, but overall good. Since being ill, changed what I eat. Have a cold plunge on the porch, and working on doing it daily… brrr!!! Walking, often with relatives here on the road, Aunt Jackie comes for walks, Uncle Patrick not so much….but he meets me at Grampa’s for coffee and pie often. You know he turned 86 this year, close to Maggie's birthday I believe.


I’ve been thinking of Calvary Temple tonight, and all the shattered families. It’s astonishing. Jesus said you know a tree by its fruit. So when folks call me (after leaving or before leaving Calvary, they do call), one of the first things they tell me is what wonderful children I have. And since they were all raised by their mother, well 2 plus 2 is 4. People are looking for answers, because they can smell a rat. And they know. A mother robbed of her children by a church called Calvary Temple of Sterling, Virginia.

I love you, forgive you, pray you come to your senses, remember the difference between right and wrong. Please read 2 Timothy 3. Hugs for all of you. Mom