Letter to My Children (August 29, 2022)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Bean,

I love you all. And all your children. Your spouses are loved by us because they love you! This picture is on the fridge. Christina was just a day old. Our sweet little one! I’ve been canning the past couple of weeks, the gardens did well, and carrots, salsa, tomato sauce, pickles, and peaches are done. About to begin spaghetti sauce and more carrots. I’m sure you girls are doing the same.

Babysitting this morning, reflected how much energy it takes caring for young children. It’s not difficult to love children or give them what they require to be happy. That’s a privilege. And you kids were my world. As is normal for moms. But I am tired.

Hot and humid here, following babysitting, hurried to get mowing done before the storm rolled in. Packing as much as possible these days, to be ready for tough days ahead. I hope you are preparing as well. Everything is with you all in mind, laying up for your futures. Revising things and tying up loose ends. Each one of you kids is valued and loved dearly. How could I have a favorite? I have wonderful memories. And wonderful children. So grateful for each one of you, and all the love and time raising you.

It’s just 8 pm, but am ready for bed. Love and hugs and prayers sent your way.

Xo Your mom