Letter to My Children (July 13, 2021)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Christina:

Thought I would send along a photo of the little house. Barn in the background. Everything is on a nice grade, all the uncles gave their advice on the site chosen. It’s been fun having them stop in, talk about buildings they have built, their perspective and insight.

Staying busy. Not a day goes by that you are not loved, missed, and spoken of by me and others. Because you are my children. And your spouses are my daughters-in-law and sons-in-law, and all the grandchildren we have never been allowed to meet. Penny, Weston, Hazel, Jackson, Madeline, Hudson, Maggie. The other day, I ran into one of my mom's old friend's son…a pastor, and he asked of my family. Praying along with so many, for you to love your parents and relatives again.

It seems surreal in a way, that a home that will house a family can be built slowly and methodically. Yet that family can be destroyed in a few moments by individuals who silence communication. Without talking, no reconciliation can take place. I am talking to you with these letters.

XO Love, Mom