A Christmas Letter I (December 25, 2019)



Merry Christmas Jonathan & Carly, Sarah & Taylor, Joshua & Olivia, and Christina, PennyRose, Jackson, Weston, Madeline, Hudson, & new Baby, 

It is early morn, listening to old carols and hymns, I woke thinking of you. Looked through old photos. What a happy childhood you had. Good friends and the steady love of extended family. You have cut us all off. Despised the family who raised you. Jesus came to us, to show his love and set men free from sins chains, he warned of counterfeit Christianity...John 16:1-3 “These things I have spoken unto you that you should not be offended; They shall put you out of the synagogues; the time comes that they will kill you and think they do God service! And these things they will do unto you because they have not known the Father, nor me!” 

Through all these past nine horrible years (you put me out on Christmas Day 2011! Who does that?), my heart says to call you to come home, to come to your senses. To stop persecuting your families and calling it ‘worshipping God.’ It is wrong. 

Your cousins were over the other day. Brad hugged me as he left. Just like you would do. Your nephews wrap their small arms around me, each night, as I tell them I love them. It is well with me, because I love. 

I am baking some Linzentorte soon. My gramma Beck made it for all of her children (12) and grandchildren. We had our Christmas Eve at her house, and Christmas Day at Gramma Almeter's. No one was absent, unless a winter storm prevented travel. But you, my own children, have been absent from your parents for nine years! Not one call or visit. No cards or Christmas wishes from you. My cards and gifts returned. This is a travesty. I love you, but you are hurting us beyond all sensibility. Stop this bizarre behavior. Come home today. I am waiting with open arms. 


Xo mom