Letter to My Children (February 22, 2019)

Dear Children,

     How are you all? February is a busy month. Here is an old photo of Noah taken in February 2011. Months before I was put away from our home. He was a big fat baby, and I wonder is Hudson chubby like this? Or were Penny, or Weston, or Jackson, or Madeline?
     I am babysitting your three nephews just now, they all got the flu bug this week, and are still on the mend. So lots of downtime to look through our old pictures. Someone recently told me they loved my smile. I have not smiled often throughout the past 8 years. So much pain from our separation, so many tears. There really is no need for reconciliation, because I am not upset with you, and you were not with me. As you plainly told me when you put me away in 2011. You were just following a pastor’s orders.
     And so let's meet. And hug and cry and laugh. Let’s move forward. Please welcome me into your arms, homes, lives again. Please call, write, text. It is time. And I love you. And I am laughing again. And smiling a lot. And how I wish you could see it.

Your own mom