Letter to Sarah (December 6, 2019)

Dear Children,

How are you dear hearts of mine? I think of you all the time. Wake in the night, wondering what is happening in your lives. Sometimes, like now, the ever-present ache becomes too strong. And tears come. Not many nowadays.


Sarah, sweetheart eldest daughter, have you had your little baby girl yet? You were due on December 10th. But arrived on January 10th! Such a perfectly beautiful baby girl you were. And so good! Did not cry, just happy and content.


I heard this song in the car, and it made me think of my mom. She gave so much love to us. A wonderful mother. Happy and whistling, or singing and dancing around with us, listening to records of Christmas carols at this time of year. Baking dozens of cookies to give away. Her birthday is December 14th.


We miss you all. Please, please come see me. Please don’t cut off your mom, dad, sister, nephews, relatives anymore. It isn’t right. We love you.

Xo Mom