Letter to Christina from Abby (June 2, 2016)

Dear Christina,

     As I write this, I'm sitting in the living room of the Mazz. Josh and I are renting from your mom now. Remember when we first came over and saw the house? It was SO creepy at night. We went down in the basement and played and ran and laughed. We dressed up in old dresses and had a pretend tea party with some of the stash from the wine cabinet. (No, we didn't actually drink any to those who are wondering.) It has been such a blessing to be here. We moved back from Ohio after Josh and Danny graduated from Cedarville University. Your mom offered this house to us back in December. We were shocked and honored that she would allow us to live here. She said on one condition, that if her children (you, Josh, Sarah, and Jonathan) come home and need a place to stay, we will have to move out in a month. I could not think of a better reason to have to vacate!
     Gretel was here for a couple days when we moved back home. She and I had some good talks. Her baby is SO cute. I took him over to meet the neighbors' sheep. Their pasture runs right along the property line. He has huge eyes and just stared right up at me while I talked on and on. He must have thought who is this crazy lady talking to me? :)
     Your mom made one of the guest rooms into the Christina Room. She spent hours painting and decorating with things that you would like. She said when you come home, she wants you to know how loved you were all these years away. I helped her where I could, clumsily trying to put together a guest basket for the closet. She's so patient and teaches me. Your mom is a gem! She's been so broken. Please come home to her and your dad and sister. Get to know your adorable nephews. The other day, I went with Josh, Danny, my mom, and my nephews over to your parents' cottage on the lake. It was so much fun. Your dad took us out on the motor boat and I couldn't help but think of the times we went out on the boat. What fun memories.
     I love you Christina. I keep writing to you because, even though you may not think so now, I do love you and am here for you. I cannot wait to catch up on life when you come home. I'm praying for you. We have a guest room with your name on it!!

Love,
Abby