Letter to My Children (April 2, 2020)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Christina,

Miss you so much. And hoping you are all okay. I did text you each a video this week. I hope you all received it. Josh, apparently your phone number has been changed since Maggie was born in February. That made me sad. But someone will send me your new number. As per usual, when I have time, went through old photos. Found one of our Sunday dinners. Looks like sweet corn, mashed potatoes, and baked chicken bundles. You all liked them, although more than one of us was skewered by a toothpick buried in those things!

Candace and her sister joined us often back then. Loved seeing Candace’s happy smile in this picture. She was so much fun, a good friend of us all. Josh do you recall the time you broke the bank by giving her $50 you’d earned at the farm, for her missions trip?! The rest of us tried to talk you out of it, at least lower the offering. But nope, you insisted. Loved you for it. Always looking out for your family and friends.

Please remember to do that kids, in the days ahead. You have a lost family in NY. Now you are home with more free time, call me. We need you so much.

Love,
Mom