Letter to Joshua (June 12, 2017)

Dear Joshua,

     For a few months now, you were able to receive my calls and texts, I believe, because another kind soul at Calvary sent me your number. I thought I had it, because when I had been put away, you had the phone we gave you, and I called you often. A year later, I was notified anonymously, that you had another number, given you through your work part time with Calvary Deacon Mike Gardner. So I began using that number mostly, occasionally using the old NY one because it was still active. Then came the newest and 3rd number, just a few months ago. I cried. This means that for the past five years, my messages of love and hope have been received by a stranger. Someone who never identified to me that you were not the recipient of each call and text. Someone who listened to them all, and now apparently gave them to the leadership of Calvary. Or perhaps the leadership was in possession of that 2nd number all along? Intercepting all communication from a mother to her son, who was forbidden to talk to her, on pain of?
     I am shocked and saddened. What kind of a man or woman teaches a teenager and young adult to abide by such wicked methods of deception? Did you realize dear son of mine, that your phone was being used by others who never told me it was no longer your phone? Did your wife Olivia know about this? Did her parents who attend Calvary, Randy and Lynn know about this deception? Did Josh's boss Mike know about this? Because it was confirmed to me yesterday, that leadership in Calvary Temple spoke of my texts and voicemails that I was leaving to my son Joshua, to others, even misquoting them. And of course, I have them on my phone. And the number I was calling, was not his phone. He has another number exactly the same, only the last digit was different. When I called it, there was Josh's voice again. 
     When I received the newest 3rd number, I called the 2nd one and left a voicemail asking why the recipient hadn't let me know I had a wrong number? And that they should be ashamed. I also called my children and left them messages about this cruel trick done to hurt my Josh, making him feel alone without any loving messages from his mom for years!!!!!! It's so awful; I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. At the time honestly, I didn't want to believe it could be deliberate on the part of people in Calvary to keep Josh from hearing my voice. Or that they were listening. I don't like to assume. But after being informed yesterday from a sensitive source, I cried. It's just too wicked to fathom. My heart is sore from the level of depravity exhibited by men and women who proclaim Christ.
     Sometimes I lose hope, seems like we're caught up in a soap opera of epic size, then comes along things like the Tactics post today. And I shake myself, and think soon we will all be together again; Pastor Scott will call me and say he's sorry for allowing this all these years or allowing others to do them to our family, under his watchful eyes. And I will hug my children and grandchildren and try to forget the past. But Joshua, let me tell you this, I have NEVER, NOT ONCE blamed you or your brothers and sisters. I thought Pastor Scott was a good guy, and of course, you also do. I did not know what I know today, and of course, you don't either. So many people have called me and told me things I never knew of. But for the bravery of those who now speak up publicly, this stuff would NOT be known. And I feel like I must share my story, because it helps others, and warns my children.
     But now the hidden things are being made manifest. Because God loves and wishes all men to turn from their sins and become born again, old things passed away and all things new. Liberty and life and truth and joy, abundant life freely given to any who want it. That's the real Good News or Gospel of Christ. And nobody can control that. Period.

Love you son of mine,

Your Mother -- who thinks you are practically perfect and handsome and smart and hardworking and loyal and loving and generous. God bless you, my son.