Letter to Joshua and Christina from Sydney Case (January 23, 2017)

Dear Joshua and Christina,

     Do you remember our Haflinger named Mac? I'm not sure if you rode him or not, Christina, but Josh and Danny went for a wild ride. Josh, you rode Mac while Danny was on the Quarter Horse. Your feet were practically dragging the ground! I wrote a book titled A Horse Called Mac, and I am selling them on Ebay. I will give you a free signed copy, but the only condition is that you pick it up personally.

     Now the animal related memories are flooding back. You both probably remember how much we loved animals. Yes, they were part of the family to us! Especially the legendary Gretchen. Did you ever help Abby paint her toenails, Christina? When people would come over and look at her fire engine red toenails in disbelief, I would hastily assure them that it was Abby who did her pedicures, not me! When you come home, I will take you to Gretchen's grave. We will have a moment of silence and then you can put flowers on it if you want! You both probably remember Tag, our cute, little, spotted dog. I have a picture somewhere of you and Abby, Christina, holding the poor puppy on top of Mac.
     Christina, remember Abby's fish? She named them all; the first ones were Eldeen, Joe Leonard, Jewel, Perry, and Dinah. Remember when Eldeen was dying and Abby refused to "murder" her? Even though you looked up to Abby, you told her that it wasn't right to let an animal suffer like that, so you had a burial at sea...you threw Eldeen in the pond! (Actually, I think you missed the pond, but the result was the same.)
     Josh, do you remember the time that you and Danny put onions in Marie's new shoes? She sobbed because you ruined them. I made you guys make her a gift and write notes to say you were sorry, but it was one of the cats we had, Mickey or Molly, that comforted her in the end. I certainly didn't help when she said the cat was so pretty, and I said yeah, she's pretty ugly. Marie didn't see the humor in that!
     I don't remember if you guys were there when Abby gave her testimony one Sunday night, but I hope you were because it was priceless. She told the congregation that Gretchen's full name was Gretchen Faithful Case and that Gretchen reminded her of God because she was so faithful. And she was right.
     I know you are all grown up now, but come home and we can make some new memories with my newest dog, Lindy. That is Ella McNish with Lindy (pictured below). She is 91 now and as feisty as ever. She is even more blind and deaf than when you saw her last, but she goes to the YMCA three times a week and does a mile on the treadmill!

Love you guys and hope and pray to see you soon,
Mrs. Case