Letter to Friends from Sydney Case (January 7, 2017)



To my dear friends,

     I have followed closely all of the blogs from people who have left CT. And I have spoken face to face with many who are fighting the good fight against the evil that pervades CT. Some of these are mothers, grandmothers, children, fathers and brothers who want to be anonymous but are fighting just as hard as ones I can name. This is to you whom I can't name, as much as to those I can. Ellen, Patty, Molly and Gretel. You are the ones I know best, and I can never tell you just how much you have strengthened and encouraged and inspired me. I know there is so little I can do to help you in this battle, but I am here for you all.
     I remember meeting Sarah Bright at Molly's house so many years ago (Long before Sarah kicked her two daughters and grandsons out of her house.) She was surprised when told her that I had prayed to ask Jesus into my heart, on the night of Jonathan's baptism. She was surprised when I asked her why. She said it was because I was a Pastor's wife...like I should have kept that hidden so people wouldn't think less of me.  Why? I remember that night well, as Sarah Bright's son, Josh (pictured above), was standing by the campfire and supposedly sharing about the Lord...all he talked about was his pastor, Star Scott!
     So when this same pastor went and destroyed my dear friends, the Fitches, whom I have known for almost two decades, my eyes were opened to the reprehensible things being quietly done at his church.  They were opened because of the bravery of ex-church members like Brandon and Naomi, Mr. & Mrs.  Foster, Mr. Miuccio, Michelle, John and Sarah Azat, Molly, Ellen, Patty, Gretel, and many others. They have laid their lives on the line by opening up about what really goes on. So many people and families are being destroyed in despicable and cowardly ways in the name of God. Star Scott hides behind the facade of a loving, caring pastor, when in reality, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He won't even speak with these brave people, who cry out for their own dear family members.
     God bless you all. May your families be given back to you quickly and justice done to those who keep them from you.

I love you all and feel that it is an honor that you count me as a friend.
Sydney