Letter to Cali & Silas from Grandpa and Grandma Simoneau (November 4, 2015)


Dearest Cali and Silas,

This is your grandma writing a letter to tell you both how much you are loved and prayed for every day. I'm sitting here in what I call my prayer chair. Where I sit, kneel and read God’s word daily and pray for my family. I know you do not know us, but we are praying every day for your safety and for you both to come to know Jesus at a young age. I want to tell you how good Jesus is, grandpa and I work in children's ministry every other Sunday. We have the kindergarteners. We absolutely love it. They are unique and special to God. Well, there is this one little girl in our class now who reminds me of you so much. She has your hair color. My heart is just smitten by her. She is precious. I love watching her praise the Lord. The Lord Jesus knows how much we miss you and want to be with you both. He has given me someone to be around that I can teach and hug and share with her. I am just so thankful.
     Well, enough of me, let me tell you what a wonderful godly grandpa you have. He's a quiet man, but a man full of love for his family. He's a man who would take the time to teach you things, play with you and have you work alongside him. He's a man that has truly been an example to all of us, as a man that lays down his life for his family. He is a man that would do anything to help a neighbor out. Your grandpa is respected by his family and many at our church. He is one that can be counted on and keeps his word. He is known as the "grill master" at our hallelujah party, he cooked over 900 hotdogs. We had over 3,500 people come through. He is s blessing and loves to serve. Your grandpa is a very tender man and can't wait for the day that we can all hug and kiss you guys.
     Please know that we love you both and pray every day for both of you and look expectantly for the day the Lord Jesus reunites our family together again. Till then, we pray and stand on Gods Holy Word. We love Him because He first loved us!

Love and prayers,
Grandpa and Grandma Simoneau