Letter to People Wounded by Calvary Temple (November 25, 2015 )


Dear People who have been wounded by Calvary Temple in Virginia,

     Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, and it is difficult for those of us who have lost our families to Calvary Temple. Like myself, it is probably a hard day to endure. Lost families and memories of celebrating holidays with them torture the present. Trying to find ways of 'getting through it' without making others feel badly. I know quite a bunch of you all, but whether I have met you or not, I want to invite you to come and be with Tom and I here in NY for Thanksgiving and for Christmas. We do not do much. Simple. But it is peaceful, warm and safe here. We have the room and we have food. We have beautiful surroundings to alleviate some of the pain. And we will listen. Even without knowing you well. Although we wish you could be with your own parents, spouses, children, siblings on this and all holidays. Where you belong. And we are sorry that you are forbidden from being there. Like us, you are uninvited and unwanted and unloved. It is a terrible thing to endure from those we love most in the whole world. Holidays make me pull in more than ever. Because ours were wonderful, big, happy, bursting at the seams kind of days.
     And nothing alleviates the loss. But we are able to offer respite to wounded people, who are fragile and not real strong, like us. So come. If you want to. Come today, or tomorrow or for the weekend. We love you all. And God bless you and keep you and bring you and your families together again soon. My cell phone is often on silent mode, so text me, and let me know if you are coming and I will give you directions. (585)-315-1161. 

Love, 
Tom and Molly Fitch