Letter to Calvary Temple Members (June 10, 2015)

Dear Calvary Temple members,

     As so many of you know, my story was posted on the The Wartburg Watch after I was contacted by the site, asking if I would give permission for the story of our family's abuse at the hands of Calvary Temple leadership. Since then I have followed the blog, amazed at all the stories of cruelty and abuse of Scriptural authority at the hands of countless pastors in America. I knew I wasn't the only person to suffer such things, but had no idea that it was so pervasive and rampant in rather respectable circles of the gospel community. But this latest article which is being linked below, is one of great encouragment to me. Because, in it you will read the story of pastors repenting and asking forgiveness and making restitution, for abusing a member of their church. Hopefully it will bless you, and cause you to think and pray that Pastor Scott will do the same for our family. We need to be together again. And if Matt Chandler can apologize before the whole world on the internet, as well as meet privately, then surely it would not be beneath Pastor Scott to also bring me my children and apologize for labeling me falsely to them, and keeping them from me and their dad and sister for nearly four years now.  Please. God is looking for each of us to do what is right. And this is so right.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2015/06/10/an-apology-from-matt-chandlerelders-of-the-village-church-and-a-statement-of-forgiveness-from-karen-hinkley/

Sincerely, 
Molly