Letter to Pastor Scott (January 22, 2014)

Dear Pastor Scott,

     Again I am writing asking you to please let my children go.  You did not respond to my previous requests to restore my children, so I plead with you to hear me again.  If I have done anything to offend you I beg your forgiveness. You have always been someone I looked up to, the referral of your character by Pastor Wayne was sterling.  And then you had my husband put me away in motels and apartment for 93 days.  Not because I had done anything evil, but as an experiment. Because my husband was always complaining.  Your own deacons ALL protested, but you insisted.  Pastor M***** (asked to remain unnamed) told me that you regularly put down people who are godly, in order to lessen their influence in their own families.  Why do you do this?
     Because I considered you a godly man, I referred your ministry to many.  Today with so few men of godly character willing to stand up and preach the Word of God in America with no thought of personal gain, you seemed heaven-sent.  Which is why I must beg you to stop the deeds you are doing behind-the-scenes.  Deeds of sending mothers away from children, telling children to run away from their own parents if they leave Calvary, telling husbands to divorce and ruin their wife financially, and cast off children who do not attend Calvary.  Deeds of allowing lies to be spread about children's parents and not even bothering to seek out the truth and clarify them, thereby discrediting parents to their own children and placing you first in their hearts as to who they should obey. Deeds of taking simple scriptures like 'if any man loves father or mother more than me, he is not worthy of me' and saying to children that loving a mother/father that disagree with you, Sir, means those children do not love God.
     Sir, I am not bitter with you.  I pray for you to see the error of your ways and reconcile all the families destroyed by this logic you use.  It is sad that the many associate pastors and deacons who have left your ministry over the years, are not reaching out to you to show their love and warnings from the bible, and help and support you to do the right thing.  Several have said they tried but you would not listen. But Jesus does not stop reaching out when we don't listen.  He keeps on reaching out to a 'disobedient and gain saying people'.  He knew he would be rejected by his own, but he came anyway.  Because love SEEKS.  We are the object of His love, you are the object of his love Sir, and as I have already mentioned, I will tell my children to honor any man who can admit and right his wrongs.  That takes integrity and courage rarely seen today.  But I know what Jesus can do, and believe you could be one of those men.
     Please do not separate our children any longer.  We ache for them.  They will do what you tell them, because I taught my children to trust those in authority.  I can give you dozens of references for my character, your own people gave me cards testifying to my character, my husband has admitted to pastors and friends and family he has difficulty being truthful.  He said he only put me away because you said to.  And my own children had written countless cards of loving admiration right up until one month before you sent me away.  Sir, it is ok to admit you were wrong.  Please don't let pride devastate our family one minute more.  Jesus is coming quickly.  Let the exhortation of Ezekiel 34 remind you, as a shepherd for Jesus' flock, not to destroy men's lives, but to seek and save, bind up and heal.
     Many people you have not met are praying for you Pastor Scott, not for your destruction but for repentance and a return to the joy of serving God in spirit and in truth, John 4:24.  You know probably any one of your former pastors or deacons who love Jesus, would be happy to share their hearts with you, if you wanted to talk to them.  They must still love you, they served with you for years.  A friend loveth at all times.  Ask them to help you.  Sometimes the people closest to us are afraid of hurting us, so they won't tell us the truth, hoping some one else can.

In the love of Christ,
Mrs. Molly Fitch