Letter to My Children (January 1, 2020)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Christina,

It is January 1, 2020. On Christmas Day, about a week past, it became the 9th year since you got rid of your mom. After already getting rid of a sister and small nephew. Subsequently, you cut your father and the rest of our large extended family out of your lives. All this done to honor and obey your pastor Star Scott of Calvary Temple Ministries in Sterling, Virginia.

But I digress, tonight I wanted to remind you of some basics. There are some people who add to others' lives. And there are people who take away from others' lives. It is simple. Adding love, life, goodness, material things, strength, productivity, etc. Taking away love, life, goodness, material things, strength, productivity, etc.

Look at the photo above. It is one of our fields. In the left foreground, you’ll notice the posts for the fence I bought to house your sister's cows. Along with my compost pile. On the right side is the raspberry patch planted by myself and your 4-year-old nephew. Of course, this was taken in the spring, so look at the one below, taken in full summer.
Now you can see the fence is up. The corn growing in the back hill, just ahead of that is the raspberry patch. And in front of that, the sunflowers your sister planted. Beautiful huh?! So this should illustrate for you what I am saying. After you threw me away, I returned home to New York and continued to add to life. And so did your sister. And we continued to reach out to you all, for nine long years. Visiting, calling, texting, writing. That you are loved, missed, and wrong for doing this. Please stop. Come home.

And in nine long years, we have not had one iota of returned love from you. You have taken our love, our time, our money, our affections, our faith. Taken. Not added. Bad men and women are takers. Good men and women are givers. To their own first, as well as others.
I love you all. Come home. Mom