Letter to Calvary Temple and the Fitch Children from Ellen (September 20, 2018)

Dear Calvary Temple and the Fitch Children,

     Like many of you, I have known Molly Fitch for many years. I remember when she first would come to visit Calvary, we loved her from the start. She often came bearing gifts; the best homemade pies, maple syrup, apples, and of course, presents for the newest babies. I always wished I could spend more time with her, but she often came and went so quickly. Still, the little bit of time spent with Molly was a gift indeed.
     Fast forward 25 years. These days I see Molly often, she still comes bearing gifts. This time a beautiful wine colored mum and a dozen organic eggs. In times past she brought me what became my favorite mug for my morning tea, books for my library, and a bottle of blueberry flavored vinegar. Through these past 8 years, she has brought me lovely thoughtful gifts she knew i would appreciate.
     The greatest gift, it goes without saying but I will say it anyway, has been her friendship. When my dearest Nancy went home to Jesus, Molly was one of the wonderful friends who stepped in to help fill the emptiness. I am not sure what I would have done without her. We spent hours crying and praying, laughing and remembering. We have shared our pain and our hope. And I know, without a doubt, I can call on Molly night or day for help and she will rush to my side. A true friend, a true sister, and an example of what it means to be a follower of Jesus. "A friend that loveth at all times."
     Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua and Christina, your mother was here yesterday. As you know, she comes often to try to see you and your children. Each time, she brings gifts for one or all. Your mother headed out to shop for a gift for her newest grandson. Jonathan, your mom was happy and smiling, knowing she was able to buy your son a gift. She left here in a flurry of excitement, filled with joy knowing she has a new grandbaby. Has anyone ever loved her children and grandchildren more that your mom? She lives and breathes the hope that one day soon, you will all come home to her, your father and your sister.