Letter to Waleed and Amy Zarou (June 23, 2018)


Waleed and Amy Zarou,

     Here is our girl, Gretel. Fishing at Ft. Riley. This was taken just a couple years after Noah was born, and you had wished her to go and do as many wicked things as possible. Then come back to Calvary when ready to be forgiven.
     Gretel had told me that about how you instructed her to do bad things. Only after I was put away by Tom and the pastors of Calvary Temple. She said you had also told her, that her parents knew what your advice was and approved of it. When you both would call and ask for Gretel to come spend time with you at The Dons’ Pizza Shop, your business in Sterling, Virginia, I naively assumed you were encouraging and being a good example. She believed you when you said we agreed with your advice, she believed you when you told her she was a constant drain on our family, she believed you when you said she might as well be as bad as possible, because she had no value to God currently.
     And I was kept in the dark about your advice. Tom may or may not have known your methods,  my older children and Tom did tell me my mother instincts were high for Gretel and baby Noah. Tom, Jonathan, and Sarah kept me out of discussions that they had with her. (I was sent up to my room!) So —— mixed messages from you Waleed. I was the best mother. I should raise our grandson. But, Gretel was sent to work a month after Noahs’ birth, which I protested. Resulting in shaming me to the family for disagreeing with my husband and church leadership. Apparently my ‘mother instincts’ were alarming to Pastor Ron Zarou (your big brother). He did not like mamas who are protective of their children. He is an expert on family life. Although he and his wife have no children. And never have.
     You know, Waleed and Amy. When I found out that you had put your own sweet daughter Nina on the street in winter. No family or friends to go to, scared and alone, to ‘break her’. I realized you were not like me. You did it to please your brother Pastor Ron. Nina told us how it went down. I told Nina to always love and try to talk to her parents, and that her uncle Ron  God would turn upside down on his bald head one day. He is a bad guy. And as long as you and Amy listen to bad guys, you will be one.

Molly Fitch