Letter to My Children (November 22, 2017)


Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Josh, and Christina,

     How are you all? I am sorry I haven’t written in quite awhile. You know every day you are in my thoughts and prayers and conversation with others. We all, up here, want to know when you will be allowed to see us and hug us again. Talk and share your lives with us.
     A few weeks ago John, our family friend who was in the special forces, called to tell me about the long conversation he had with you, Jonathan. He informed me of his concerns for you all, and his confidence that very soon you will be restored to my arms. And our whole family will be together, and the tears wiped away. He related how, despite earlier indications, he now believes you are in a legalistic church that is practicing wicked deeds behind the scenes. Due to John's familiarity with abuse of power, and his training in the military, he came away from a conversation with you, son, and was not impressed. You are a handsome and well-spoken guy, (and as your mom, I think you are a gem!), but you know Mr. C., he’s kind of a man's man. And unfortunately, son, your unkind actions toward your parents and sister outweigh your words. However, please know that I am not upset with you. I know that you are under the power of Pastor Scott. You can only do what he will allow you to do. If he disapproves of you talking to your parents, you won’t. If he approves of you talking to your parents, you will. It’s that simple. Lots of people are now being allowed to talk to previously shunned family members. People have called to say they are praying I will be the next person on that growing list. It is a win-win for pastor to send you children back to see us. In so many ways. I often hear from folks down in Loudoun County, Virginia, who tell me that they read this blog and that it was the reason their family did not attend Calvary Temple when invited. They did not want to take the chance of having their family split up by a pastors counsel.
     I love you all. Here is a photo of your nephews recently at our cottage on the lake. So many times these little boys remind me of you children, and your childhood. Gretel is a good mommy, just as I know you children are with my other four grandchildren- that I cannot wait to hold in my arms and get to know.

Please call me this Thanksgiving. Please.

Love and hugs and kisses from mom