Letter to My Children (January 19, 2017)


Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua and Christina,

     How are you? It's been a bit since I have written you. Holidays and your birthdays are hard to bear since we cannot speak with or hug each other. I try to stay busy, and not visit people much at this time because no one wants sadness around during the holidays. Noah has been asking me more questions about you all. Sometimes I help him with his reading and writing. On the computer, we found some of our old photos from before you all were taken away from us. This one with you Jonathan, and your curly hair, makes me smile. And Bradley looks so young. He was your and Sarah's partner in all adventures back then. Remember the ski trips, and four-wheeling out back, Shyboy and the flying lessons and civil air? I always loved your group adventures with friends and cousins. It seems we had a houseful every weekend.
     I saw Brad today, and you know he is getting married soon. I told him how hard weddings are for me, crying at Abby's and leaving early because all I could think of was how Christina should be there with the friend she had known since age 4. I made it through Claire's without tears, due to Gretel, the boys, and the kind fellowship of old friends of yours, John and Kim Clark. We talked a lot about you, and John just kept shaking his head at how you can do this to us. Please come home and go to the wedding with me. Think what a lovely gift it would be to us and to Brad, on his special day.
     I know you must be starting to question yourself and the leaders. It is right to do so. I hope you will come and ask me questions too. I often get calls from people in VA asking about what occurred to me, to dad, to Gretel. I have to say, that I do not know what you were told. You weren't there for most of it, but I bet you were told something, just wonder what if any of it is factual.
     But what I really want to remind you is that you are loved. I am proud of you. I am not mad or upset with you. I realize you have been stolen from us, lied to, and suffered terribly to obey the pastors telling you to treat us so cruelly. Come and see us. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. As are your children and your brother and sisters. Bring them home with you please. We need you son. We need you all. God bless you.

Love and hugs and kisses,
From your mother