Letter to My Children (August 15, 2015)

Dear Children,

     I miss you. The birthdays last week, I am sure were difficult for you. They were for us. Our calls, texts were not answered. But we did get that text you sent to Aunt Jackie. She said it made her cry. There was no sign of sadness, concern or remorse for the cruel treatment we have endured at the hands of Calvary Temple. Only boasting about serving God no matter what. I showed the text from Sarah to a dear family friend. One who has loved and known Sarah since she was born. The observation was that Sarah has become 'self-indulgent'. Concerned not for her parents/sibling/nephews but only her own pursuit of God, no matter the lives destroyed in the process. That word, self-indulgent, makes me think of the proliferation of terrorists in the world today. They randomly destroy life in order to pursue their own version of pleasing God. It's called religion, and there are lots of them.
     Jesus did not come to destroy life, but to save it. He restored a dead man to his mother, he restored an sinful woman to a life of dignity, he restored a lying Peter to ministry, he restored a demon possessed man to his community, and on and on.
     Children, whenever we have shared what we endured, people are shocked. A few compassionate ones cry. I have had several say to write a book with our story. I have been asked to do interviews repeatedly with national news organizations. I have refused so far. Trying to appeal to a sense of honor and decency? In Pastor Scott? that he has made a grave error, please meet with me, please give me back our children. You are only hurting yourselves more by refusing.
     The evidence and truth are on our side. Things like telling dad to empty our bank account secretly, and then lying to the banks involved. Telling dad to file for custody of Christina while telling me he was going to bring the kids home to me. Telling dad to not pay our bills, to ruin our credit, and make it difficult for me to live. Telling Sarah to put Gretel and her baby on the street, alone without any family to help her, while I was put away. Threatening me that I will never see our kids again if I tell anyone in NY or VA what was being done to me. Telling dad to sleep in the woods or room with strangers, rather than sleep in his own house. Just a part of our story. If everything comes out that was done us, no one will go within fifty miles of Calvary Temple. Already in New York, no one wants to be associated with the name or Pastor Starr Scott. But if he were to acknowledge the wrongs done and make it right with our family, don't you think it would go a long way to repairing the awful reputation of Calvary Temple, Sterling, Virginia? And be a beginning point to repairing all of the other broken families and lives?
     I know you children probably do not know what we endured. Pastor Ron twice reminded me following my being put away, to NOT tell you children about my ordeal. He said it would just be confusing for you, and make you sympathize with me. I said nothing, and not one of you ever asked what happened to me. So I assume you were told lies, to calm your God-given love for your family, and make you think Pastor Scott was taking care of us for you. Please, go and ask him to restore your family, just like Jonathan Miller went and asked him to restore his parents, so could see them and be a part of their lives again. Jonathan's father was called a heretic for leaving Calvary Temple, he has since told me many things I found it difficult to believe at first. But now, he can see his son and grandchildren again because they have agreed to disagree. Please let me have my family back Pastor Scott. You can never repair the damage done, but you can do the right thing now.