Letter to Jonathan (May 29, 2015)

Happy Birthday Son.

     I didn't want to post this on your day, so I waited. It was just too painful and private. I love you so much. And am so proud of you, and your family. You are the most like me, willing to take the hit, lay down your life for our own. Assuming the best of others, and the worst of ourselves. Not thinking evil of people in positions of authority, but honoring them without hesitation. Hardworking, sensible, not a good actor :) We love our books, history, adventure (you take more risks though), a good movie, and lots of friends and family. And love God. It was a privilege to raise you. You always made me laugh, and worry. Mainly when you were driving, whether it was the 4 wheeler, tractor, plane, car, motorcycle, sailboat, kayak. You always have good intentions. And I knew that.
     So when you find out that you and Carly have been lied to, defrauded of your family and reputation, made partners of evil and deception, coerced into destroying your parents and sister by men who coveted your manliness and goodness for themselves...I want you to steady yourself, brace yourself for the storm of guilt and doubt and horror. It will overwhelm you, but like a buoy in a storm, you will resurface as the God you love will uphold you. Because He hates injustice you will be brought face to face with the evil you have been badgered into believing. But God will keep you if you are honest with him and those around you. And you will be, cause that's who you are. Here's a few photos of you I found, that made me chuckle.

 Your 16th birthday
 Little Claire, helping you enjoy your schoolwork
 The one where you are washing the manure truck, lol
Shooting your paintball gun in the snow on the atv, surrounded by adoring girls! As usual!

Oh, and  We miss you.  I love you. You have left a hole in our lives. Bring your family and come home. God bless and keep you Jonathan David.

Xo your mom