Letter to Christina from the McGinnis Family (May 20, 2015)




Dear Christina,

     I know that you will be graduating this year from High School and I wanted to make you a card...

     I found this old picture of you from the 2nd grade, taken at Castile Christian Academy at the closing ceremony for the 2004-2005 school year. I remember you had soooo many awards; Uncle David had to help hold them up in the picture! :)
I can't believe it has been 10 years since this photo was taken! I can't believe it has been almost 4 years since any of us have seen you! We miss you so much!!
     If we were allowed to be there for this exciting event, I imagine it might be something like this....Uncle David and I, Bradley, Jacquelyn and Benjamin, and Jordan would all pack into our car for the road trip down. There would be much excitement talking about the "good old days".  How we could not believe that  the baby of the "Fitch cousins" was all grown up.
     We would sit in the very FRONT row at the ceremony, alongside your mom and dad, Gretel and her husband and babies who, like us, would not be invited, and would not be welcome; but if we could be there, we would be beaming with pride and love!!  I am sure I would have to hoot out a few hoorays!! as you received your diploma :)
     Afterwards, I am sure, we  would all head to your moms house for a big celebration, good food, all the family together, and lots of memories to relive, as well as new ones to be made. We would be so excited to hear what your future plans would be....work?...college? We would talk long into the evening. I would hug you, and tell you I love you!
     Let us come and be a part of this wonderful event. It doesn't have to be this way.  We are waiting... for all of you, just call.

Love you Forever,
Uncle David, Aunt Jackie, Bradley, Jacquelyn and Benjamin, and Jordan