Letter to My Children (May 20, 2014)

Dear Children,

     The newsletter of World Challenge has an article by David Wilkerson (http://sermons.worldchallenge.org/en/newsletter/2014/demonstration-of-spirit-and-of-power). It made me cry because it is exactly how it seems my life is now, a spectacle unto men. Not because of sin on my part, but because of trusting men to be what they profess. Not double minded, but truthful and honest lives. Not perfect, only Jesus is, but walking with integrity. But there is hope for them and us all, through the blood of the Lamb. 
     So it has been on my mind to begin to write to you children once more about the great gift of salvation provided by Jesus through his death and resurrection. You are my lambs, given to dad and I by God.  He could have had you be born in any family, but chose us to be your parents.  So I will keep on reminding you of the most important things, just as if you were with me.  I hope you are comforted by the article, your lives are becoming a spectacle too, and yet God has chosen to use us to expose the lies in a church many of us have considered a purveyor of the Truth. "For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator" 1 Peter 4:17-19.

Love your own mom