Letter to Pastor Scott (November 19, 2013)

Dear Pastor Scott,

     I have not wanted to write you until today. I have at times wanted to speak with you. But today I heard you are tired.
     I am sorry you are not well. Before you go on your rest, would you please allow my children to see and talk with me. Would you please restore our broken relationship. You know it was based on falsehoods that you put me away. And I know it. There is no hidden sin. I am who I have always been. And I weep every day for my children, Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua, and Christina. As well as my sweet little grandchildren PennyRose, and Jackson. When I get their photo's I touch their little faces and cry, and tell them how much I love them, even without ever seeing them in person.
     I love my family Pastor Scott. I love my husband who did your bidding, even when he knew it was wrong. God loves me, how can I not love those who hurt me.
     And God loves you, sir. I know he does. Today, more than ever. Yes you have done bad things. And you will need to turn from the wicked deeds, and restore what you have taken away. But the minute you ask Jesus to forgive you, you are forgiven.
     But you know this. Last summer when I was sitting on Josh's door jamb trying to hug him before he drove off, and tell him how much I love him. He was trying to push me out onto the pavement. I was crying, saying 'Son, Pastor Scott would be appalled to see how you are treating your own mother!' As I walked away, George Shihadah was standing on the lawn watching. He had tears in his eyes. I said to him then, that I would respect any man who can admit he has made a wrong judgment. I would tell my children to honor any man, who has the integrity to right a wrong he did. I asked George to tell you that. And I mean it still.
     Pastor Scott, God loves you, please do the hardest thing you will maybe ever have to do in your life. Please make all the wrongs you have done--right. By God's grace you can do the impossible. You can go to the ones you have taken children from and restore their children, you can go to husbands and restore their wives. You can go to your own, and restore what has been taken. As you do, I know God's peace will flood your heart. And love, God's love, will take the sting out of shame.
      God needs broken men, sir. Not 'powerful, polarizing, pastors'. He needs men who are nothing, but have the Son of God--Him--He is everything.

Sincerely, Mrs. Molly Fitch

P.S. Here is a song I thought would be an encouragement to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEw_Ui71oc