Letter to My Children (September 15, 2020)

Dear Jonathan Sarah Josh and Christina,

How are you all? With the pandemic I haven’t been down in a while. Christina, the photos sent to me of your wedding were sweet. You are beautiful. Dad and I and the rest of our family were saddened that you did not inform us of your marriage. But we welcome Michael, hope he knows what a treasure you are, treats you wonderfully. We have gifts for you as well. It has been a long and sad summer, for many. The worst is when family members cut out of their lives, blood relatives. 

Pastor Scott does not want outsiders to know what goes on in his church, and what he is doing to people and children in his church. Isolation and silence have broken the hearts of so many families connected with Calvary Temple in Sterling Virginia. God gives us all free will, freedom to live openly, and bravely. Handling criticism of our choices with honest dialogue and regular communication. 

These letters are my dialogue, since you are instructed by your leader that you shall not talk to, write to, text to, visit with, your parents and extended family and friends. Always remember, we do not shun you. You cannot keep my love from reaching out to you. I always have, and always will. And one day, you will reciprocate. 

 Xo Mom

http://mycalvarytempletacticscommentary.blog/2020/09/15/guests-speak-17/