Letter to Sarah (June 6, 2020)

Dear Sarah,

How are you daughter? Yesterday I was told about a photo you put on Facebook from 18 years ago. You referenced it as ‘the best of times’. While mentioning it to Aunt Jackie this morning, she agreed with me; it was. So why are you treating me and all of us unkindly? No communication since December 2011? Let’s be honest. This is not at all about Jesus or love. It is about an abnormal deference for your pastor Star Scott, Calvary Temple, Sterling, Virginia.

Isolation and hatred are spreading around the world like an uncontrolled fire. You were not raised this way Sarah. I love you and will always reach out to you and your siblings. However, I am appalled at what you are doing. The bad example you have become to many innocent people. Teaching them that by cutting off people (which is emotional blackmail), you can get them to bow their knee to Pastor Scott's version of Christianity. It is coercion. Forced obedience. It is wrong.


So here are some more pictures of ‘the best of times’. I will start with a recent photo. Of myself. With arms are wide open. I love you this much! The rock behind is larger than me. Just as God’s love is large and strong. You hurt me badly. I forgive you. I forgive you all. For doing such a silly, awful thing, destroying a family. To please a man. You are not obeying God. Change course today. Come home and see us.

Hugs and kisses,
Your own mom