Letter to My Children (October 22, 2020)

 


Your mom and siblings, at their parents home this summer. Taken by your cousin Jac.

To the children God gave me:

It has been quite a while since I have been to Virginia, and since I have written. I have been as sad this year, as I was in the year following being torn away from you children on Pastor Scott's orders way back in 2011. You allowed a man to hurt your mom. Then your sister and nephew. Then your dad. It is a shocking story.

Well, I am your mom. And I raised you better. This cutting off crap is for the birds. In fact, in Proverbs it talks about birds plucking out the eyes of kids who despise and mock their folks. So. Right now your dad feels he has no kids. Recently he and your great Grampa Fitch were talking about how many grandchildren he had and their names. Dad said he couldn’t remember how many there were. And that is not his fault! It is yours! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! For the cruel and heartless way you have treated your father, your mother, your grandparents, your sister Gretel, your nephews, your aunts and uncles, and your cousins. I am fed up. I have no idea how many people have been hurt by your bad choices. Enough is enough!

So I will get back on the ball, and get pictures up on this blog, along with memories shared by family and friends. To remind you of what truth, love, family, and Christianity are. You are deluded. You have treated us horribly. You are bad to do this. Stop.

I love you and always will. But I hate the meanness in your souls.
Mom