Letter to Wendy from Rachel (February 16, 2020)

We were asked to post a letter from Rachel to her sister Wendy. She attends Calvary Temple Church, and has cut off her family.

Dear Wendy,

Do you remember the days before we started going to Calvary (I mean you were only 10 going on 11 when we started)?

Remember the days we’d make fun of our cousins whose mom forbade them from listening to “secular” music and made them watch edited versions of our favorite movies?

Remember when I hated sharing a room with you so much I decided to move into the creepy, haunted basement room so I’d have my own space (and then I ended up moving all my furniture back into the other room because it was definitely haunted by dad’s ghost)?

Remember when I shoved your head in sand because you were about to tell my 2nd grade crush I liked him (okay maybe you don’t need to remember that one)?

Remember how much you loved cats and wished mom would get us one (she and Evan actually have one now and I have two)?

Remember how I would tease you and still love you at the same time?

I hate that nowadays I have to pray that someone posts something public on social media so I can know what you are up to.

I miss the days when you would send me activities to try with the boys (I wouldn’t actually do them, but it’s the thought that counts).

I guess I’m marked or just not very well liked since my blog posts came out.

If I could tell you one thing right now it would be please don’t close your mind, always question everything, and do not let your kid lose their voice inside the bubble. When you become a parent you need to let them have every opportunity possible, even if that means it’s not exactly what you had planned for them.

I love you. I hope you love me still too.

Rachel

P.S. Just because we see the world differently, it doesn’t make us evil. Remember never repay anyone evil with evil. They should’ve added always speak truth too.