Letter to My Children (May 6, 2019)

 
Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua, and Christina,

     How are you? I miss you. Never far from my thoughts, often referred to in daily conversations, along with prayers and dreams...it is incredible that over seven years have passed since we were all together.
     The other day, your three little nephews and I took a nice walk down Nations Rd. You all remember it, in Geneseo. A lovely dirt road, with horse pastures nearby, and massive, sprawling oaks jutting up throughout the fields. The boys played on one of them, and I took a photo of them in the distance, racing ahead of me. We used to walk often, all of us, walk and talk. Down Johnson Road or down to the Park, our long walks became a bit of tradition. Friends visited, we ended up walking down the road. I cannot wait until you come back to me. And we will walk down the road, and talk and laugh and maybe cry a bit. I love you children. And I love your families. Come home.

Xo
Your mom