Letter to Christina (August 7, 2018)

Happy Birthday, Christina,

     Last of our five beautiful children. You are a precious gift. I cried during the pregnancy, unplanned and an exhausted mom after having eight pregnancies in 10 years. But labor was very short, less than 3.5 hrs, and you were in my arms! Jonathan and I went down to the local furniture store when you were a week old, and bought a comfy rocker, and we were all set! I rocked you, sang to you, read to you. When I was unable to hold you, sister Sarah was right there. Or Jonathan, or Gretel or Josh. We all loved you! Daddy did not want your hair cut, so it was long and curly on the ends. The happiest of girls, grew up surrounded by a loving family and lots of friends. This a picture from one of your many little birthday parties. I am dishing up ice cream while you are kissing me. Isabelle is in the picture, remember she was also born on the same day just a continent away in Africa!
     I called and sent you a text today, and hopefully you will call me back. Its been so many years now since I have had you with me. I do not know you as a young lady. You were taken away just entering ninth grade, and 14 going on 15 years old. My little girl was taken away by a pastor and corrupt individuals in his church. It is so evil what they did to you, to your siblings, to us. I am so sorry Christina, for all you have suffered in these past years.

I love you dear girl.
XO, Mom