Letter to Sarah (April 7, 2018)

Dear Sarah,

      Seeing and hugging you last week, for a few moments, was wonderful. You look stronger, and with your wheelbarrow and hands dirty from digging in the garden, it was my girl, right down to the whistle for little Weston! As he came trotting over to you, I laughed out loud, cause that is just how I used to call you children when you were outside...and its just how my mom called us kids when we were outside strewn across the landscape...too far away for a conversation but those whistles were perfect to get our attention that mom wanted us!
      A friend sent this song, and I love it. This is Gods heart toward us all. I hope you can listen to it. What you are doing to us is not right. When a pastor (or anyone), withholds a child (or anyone) in order to get a desired end, that’s akin to blackmail.
      I love you daughter of mine. And I love my little Grandson, that I was able to meet for the first time, hold his small hand, and hear his voice! He has won my heart already!

Xoxo Mom