A Letter from the Community (March 21, 2018)

Dear Calvary Temple and Fitch children,

     I just got done reading the email exchange between Molly Fitch and her son Jonathan. To me, there were two things that really stood out. One was the humility I saw in Molly's email when she requested a meeting with your pastor. It was clear Molly was troubled by Jonathan saying that she had put her children through hell by not meeting with Star Scott. I wonder why it is more important for Molly to meet with Star Scott rather than her own children?  Why haven't you children even sat down with your own mother to hear her side of the story?  Doesn't it say in the bible (Proverbs 18:13) "He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame to him?"  The bible says to honor your mother and father. This is one of the Ten Commandments from God and it is NOT UP FOR DEBATE.
     The second thing I noticed was the coldness in Jonathan's response to his own mother. It seems like Jon would have been overjoyed to arrange a meeting; it was exactly what he said his mother should do. How is this okay that those who have wanted a meeting with their family members are not allowed to at the whim of Star Scott. Shouldn't your pastor want restoration of families?
     Something else that I am sickened by in Jonathan's response concerns the statement: "unconditional repentance". According to Star Scott, the pastors and congregation of Calvary Temple  know the bible better than everyone in this area, including local pastors. I challenge you to find IN THE BIBLE, Jonathan, the scripture "unconditional repentance".  I can find no example of Jesus teaching it, the disciples practicing it or the epistles supporting it. Therefore, it is false. It is not up to Star Scott or you, Jonathan, to decide if someone can be forgiven.
     Scripture says: 1 Timothy 2:5  For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
     Star Scott is not your mediator. Why does he require everyone to repent directly to him?
     Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

Patty Simoneau