Letter to Penny & Weston (October 1, 2017)

Dear Penny and Weston (my grandbabies),

     Yesterday when I stopped by your home and heard noise coming from the kitchen since no one came to the door I went around the corner and saw you all through the kitchen window. Your mom was stirring up some breakfast I suspect. Penny, you were in the fridge, and Weston was nearby. Both of you stopped and looked at me. Your momma pointed her finger. At first, I thought she meant for me to come go round to the door! I watched your faces as you looked at me, your gramma you have never met, and then at your mom. She beckoned for you to follow her out of the room. I walked away and cried.
     One day soon, Penny and Weston, you will be in my arms. I will hug and kiss you, laugh with you and listen to all you have to say. We will have adventures together and make memories. Gramma has been busy helping Grampa and Noah (your cousin), build a small cowshed for your Aunt Gretels cow. A friend of your moms and Uncle Jonathan put up the frame while Grampa was on a trip. I was given some old windows by a neighbor and framed them into the walls. Noah was building something interesting with the leftover building materials...lol. Here he is standing on his boards, while Grampa stands on his! I had to get a picture. This is what we will do together when Pastor Scott allows you to come home to us again. Have fun and love each other in person. Not with words that have no substance behind them.
     Love is real. My love for you brings me to Virginia (a 6.5 hr drive), to knock on your door. I will always try to show you my love until you are allowed to hear my words, be hugged and kissed by me, and play and visit with us all. (Did you climb the ladder I left for you? I painted the flowers, and names of all our grandbabies and children on the rungs. I like old wooden ladders!)
     I will try to write more about the barn building. Someone said you children would enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing the adventures. So I will post some here for you to read about. I love you, Penny. I love you, Weston. And I love you, Sarah and Taylor.

Your Gramma, and your Mom