Letter to My Children (June 19, 2016)

Dear Children,

     It's Fathers Day, and dad has not heard from you. He doesn't reach out to you he says. I am not sure why. I know that I cannot stop reaching for my children. That is why I call and write and text. Not to pester, just because there isn't a moment when you are not near in my thoughts. Very warm here today. And heard good news from Virginia again, that Mike and Hannah have asked for forgiveness to their parents. How good and right. Of course, none of us would hold any of you to any account, we would just be glad to have you in our lives again. To be able to hug and touch you and hear your voices and talk. It will be the most wonderful gift of all. It just doesn't matter what was done in the past. God wants us to be together. And I will forgive anyone who has kept us apart. It takes a truly noble and strong individual to admit that they did wrong. Especially after years of silence, and so please don't be embarrassed ever. We all admire people who are straight up and just plain honest. I have told my story here in order to dispel all the rumors and lies. To bring clarity and openness instead of secrecy. On the advise of pastors and friends here, this was a last resort to let you hear my voice. And Jesus says to bring everything to the light, that our deeds may be made manifest whether or not they are wrought in God.
     On a lighter note, it was another very hot and dry day. So unusual and the crops need water.  The lake is down about a foot at least. This will make you laugh, we put in a dock extension, and forgot to move the hoist back out to deeper water, so now dads boat is high and dry. Until we get more water to let it down into! Lol. Gretel was recently out visiting Aunt Melody and the girls while Kyle had a on-call thing to do. It was a weekend visit, and they did hay and played in the river. Gretel said the boys loved it. And she was pretty nostalgic too.
     Below is a picture of our view on the south side of the cottage. Looks green here, just because we have more moisture I guess, not so green elsewhere. The golf course has been watering with sprinklers after dark. Too dry for June. I love you and miss you. Please call and or come. Whatever you need.

Love and hugs and kisses,
Your own Mom