Letter to Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua, and Bean from Gretel (June 26, 2016)

Dear Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua, and Bean,

     This last week the boys and I have begun to add a nice long hike around post to our mornings. We love it and I feel like Noah grows up more everyday, as we walk and talk about everything under the sun! Today though he was unusually quiet as we started out. We had seen Kyle off to work, said good morning to our wonderful neighbor(who reminds me of you Sarah though I'm not quite sure why yet), and headed out to the library for books and socializing on the playground. Noah, after a little way of walking in silence began to talk though more seriously than usual.
     He said, "Mom, you know why I was so sad in the night?"( He had woken up fussing alittle the night before) I expected to hear of a very vivid dream which he tends to have and so I simply asked him, "why?" "I was talking to Jesus last night, and you know that man who has tricked uncle Jonathan, uncle Sarah, uncle Josh and aunt Christina? I told Jesus to tell that bad man that he can't control other people. I am in control of myself and my actions and he needs to be only in control of himself and his actions and not tell people what to do and trick them." I nodded my head and agreed as he went on. "I asked Jesus too to tell your brothers and sisters to come home. Cause Mima and Bompa and I love them so much, don't we, Mom? And you love them and so does dad and Johnboy! I told Jesus to tell them we love them and so should just come home now. I want them here for my birthday this year!" I could only nod my head and smile in agreement with him and his sweet little heart, so full of love and hope!
     We do love you all and miss you more than words can tell. Come home soon! No matter what you have done, we still want you and will always want you! I thank God for everyone of you and can't wait to have each of you back soon!

Love always.

Your Sister,
Gretel