Letter to Jonathan from Mrs. Case (March 12, 2016)



Dear Jonathan,

     Do you remember the legendary Gretchen? And her painted toenails? When people came over and looked at Gretchen's paws in disbelief, I would hasten to tell them that it was not me but my daughter Abby that painted them!
     You may be wondering why there is a Golden Retriever in this picture instead of a Black Lab. Well its because of what she has in her mouth. Four years ago, when Lindy was just a puppy, she went upstairs and came back down with Mr. Crab. We don't even know where he came from. In all this time, she has never put even one rip in him, even though she gnaws on him lovingly.
     Your mom mentioned that you had a crab like that, so I thought I would send you this picture. The young man is Abigail's husband, Josh. Hopefully you will meet him someday. He is brilliant, and was trained by a master violinist in Ukraine. 
     Anyway, I thought Mr. Crab might jog your memory of the wonderful childhood you had. By the way...do you still have your crab? Or is this yours? If so, I'll gladly give him back to you if you will just come home.


Love,
Mrs. C