Letter to Christina from Abby (June 1, 2015)

Dear Christina,

     It has been months since I last wrote you, asking you to come to my wedding. I text you from time to time, hoping that you at least read my texts. I hardly ever get an answer, but I did once, right before my wedding. You told you would not be there. I had known that would probably happen, but I was hoping and praying you would. I know it's not your fault. You would not have been allowed to come even if you wanted to. So I just want to take a minute to tell you about it:
     I was SO excited to become Mrs. Abigail Taylor and yes, a little nervous, too. You would have laughed at me right before the ceremony having a little freak out session wondering if my dress was ok and worrying that I would pass out in front of everyone, which didn't happen thankfully. I couldn't help but think that you and Sarah and Gretel were at Katy's wedding. Sarah did us girls' hair. Gretel was a bridesmaid, your mom did Katy's flowers and you helped your dad bring them to us bridesmaids then just hung out with us girls before the wedding, laughing and carrying on with us. I wish that I had known then that it was one of the last times that I would see you when you weren't suspicious of my acts of friendship.
     Your mom did my flowers, too. Oh, what beautiful roses they were! She did red roses for me and white roses for my girls. I think they were the same way that she did for Sarah's wedding. She also did all the flowers for the head table at my reception. She and your dad came to our wedding ceremony. I was honored to have them there, knowing how hard it must be for them to be at a wedding since they haven't been allowed to go to Josh's wedding and miss you all so much. Leah came, too. She made our cake. Gretel wasn't able to come. She wanted to but she and Kyle and Noah were up the month before. So only a couple of the Fitches were represented which saddened me because my whole life, I pictured you there taking a part in my special day. I don't blame you though.
     I pray for you every morning as part of my devotions that you will come home and be reconciled with your mom and dad and Gretel and adorable nephews and aunt and cousins and me and my family. I can't quite picture you all grown up! I wish I knew what your plans are. Will you go to college or start a job somewhere? Are you dating yet? That would be hard to believe since you never used to like boys :)  I trust the Lord that He will reconcile us someday. I have not stopped praying for you and won't. I can't wait for the day when I can wrap my arms around you in a huge hug. I love you SO much. Please remember that.

P.S. My new name is Abby Taylor. It's taken me a while to get used to though and sometimes I still catch myself signing something as Abby Case. If you ever want to look me up, I'm living in OH for the time being while my husband finishes school. Stop by for a visit sometime. My home is always open.