Letter to Cali from Patty (September 26, 2014)

Hi Cali,

     This is your Grandma (your daddy's mom). I have been wanting to write you, but was hoping we would be able to see each other and I wouldn't need to write this letter. Let me just start by telling you how much we all love you even though you do not know us. We pray for you each and everyday. I am in a women's bible study at our church and we are studying the book of Galatians, which is about God's grace and mercy. After we read the word and have a teaching on it, we break up into small groups. That is where every week I pray for you and your mommy and daddy and their new baby. We cannot wait to hug and kiss you. Grandpa is looking forward to the day when you can be with him and help him in the garden just like your dad  and his brothers did. They did have some fun. They used to have tomato fights. Go out and pick potatoes from the garden and your grandpa would make the best french fries. There are so many things I want to do with you like we did with your dad. Your dad's favorite book that I read to them almost every night was this missionary book and I would read the first word and your dad would get it right every time the name of the story I was going to read. Most of the time he would be the only one awake for me to read to. At our women's conference last year Jim Elliott, the missionary who died in Africa, (there was a movie made about his life called Through Gates of Splendor) and his daughter Valerie Elliott came and did our teaching and she had made a children's book about her life and I got a copy and had her sign it for you. She wrote a scripture in it for you. One day I am going to give you this beautiful gift  and you will love it. She encouraged me to keep praying for you and your parents. I have. I have so much to say to you, but that will have to wait for another letter. My next letter will tell you a little about us all, and what god is doing in our lives. We love, love, love you soooo much and I trust my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to restore our family so we all can continue to grow in the Grace and Mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. May the lord continue to keep your spirit, soul, and body safe. And may He continue to bless you with His peace.


Love and Prayers Always,
Grandma and Grandpa and your Uncles