Letter to Sarah from Katy (August 18, 2014)

Dear Sarah,

     I know that it has been almost three years since the last time that we have talked so I thought that I would let you know what has happened since then.
     May 28, 2011, my wedding day, a day that a girl dreams about all her life. You were there to help me with my hair and make-up. You transformed a girl into a woman ready to commit her life to her husband. You made me feel gorgeous. Who knew makeup could do that right? Well, it was more than that. It was you taking the time to make me feel beautiful; what a wedding gift that was!
     All my life I looked up to you and wanted to be like you. I used to listen to the music you would play in your room when Gretel and I would be playing and I remember thinking how I just wanted to be just like you. To this day when I hear Point of Grace singing “Keep the candle burning” I think of you first. You were someone I aspired to be!
     I remember one time you came and babysat us while my parents went on a date. You got to spend the night AND you slept in my room! I was beyond excited!! I remember confiding in you how I felt so alone and wished that I had more friends and you took out a piece of paper and wrote a promise to me. Do you remember? You promised to be my friend for the rest of our lives and then signed it. I was over the moon!

Now I look back and think, “What happened?”

The last time I saw you was on my wedding day and so much has happened since then! 

     These are my two precious baby boys: Elijah Samuel (2 years) and Micah Daniel (8 months). I actually think that our little ones are not that different in ages. How I would love for them to be able to meet each other and play together like our families played together so many years ago. I can just imagine you, Gretel and I meeting at a park and sitting and catching up on life while we watch our precious babies play.
     Right now it seems like such an impossibility but I know that with God NOTHING is impossible!  I miss you all so much.
     Please come home Sarah. Please come back to your family and friends that love you so very much!  Please introduce your babies to their Grandma Molly and Grandpa Tom. Please search the Word of God for the truth. What is love? Love is not completely cutting off your parents and sister from your life. It is not refusing to speak to them or even hear their side of the story. Treating them like they are dead just because some pastors told you to is not something Jesus would do and thank God He does not!

Please repent and come home to your family they are waiting with open arms.

Please come and have a play date with me and my boys I can’t wait for that day at the park.

I love you Sarah and miss you so.

Love,
Katy Hollands