Letter to Christina from Abby (August 20, 2014)

Dear Christina,

     I wrote you a few months ago recounting a lot of memories of "the good ol' days". Now it's time to write about a life changing event that happened on July 28, 2014. It is with mixed feelings that I'm writing to you. I am happy, deliriously happy. But at the same time sad. Sad that this is the only place where I have any hope of keeping you informed on the things that are happening in my life.
     I told you that I am in a relationship with an amazing guy, Josh. He asked me to marry him in July at Letchworth. It was a gorgeous day and the setting couldn't have been more pretty. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I said yes of course. God is so obviously in our relationship. He has been directing our steps the whole time and we are seeking His face in what we are doing. After he proposed, I excitedly got on the phone with my family and then close friends. I want you to know that if you had not been told to cut me off months ago, you would have been one of the first ones I called. As it stands right now, this blog is the only way I can tell you these wonderful changes that are happening.
     I am planning to be a wife Christina. Me, a wife! Can you picture it? I am having a hard time for real! I am in the process of buying a dress and have been remembering the hours and hours we spent playing dress up with me as the bride in that poofy wedding dress Mom bought me and you as the flower girl. Oh, that you were able to be here for the preparations. The date is December 20, 2014. 4 months. 4 months for you to come home! We all love you so much. The best wedding gift I could get would be for you to be there. Please come to my wedding, Christina. Please be here to witness the joining of two lives together. I want you to be able to meet Josh. I want to hug you. You were there for the hours before Katy's wedding. We had many laughs. I want to share that time with you. This special time only happens once. Please don't let men dictate your actions. Read this blog and let the Lord work in your heart, not men who are fallible. Trust the One to speak to you through His Word. Listen to the quiet leading and whispering of the Holy Spirit.
     I love you more than words can tell. I have not ever stopped praying for you. You have always been a special friend to me, I'd say even one of my closest friends before circumstances and men came between us. Please, please come to my wedding. I'll be saving a seat for you.


Here we all are playing dress up. I of course was the bride and you were my flower girl. We had such fun dreaming!

     We were always dressing up and playing make believe. Do you remember? Of course you do. Don't shut out these memories please. God wants you to remember. I pray you will allow yourself to remember and realize that we (your mom and dad and sister, us Cases, your aunt and cousins, ect. do not hate you. We are not sinning against the Lord. We LOVE you Christina Fitch. We will welcome you home with open arms if you will just come. Please!