Letter to Christina from Abby (April 1, 2014)

Dear Christina,

      I have been putting off writing this letter for quite awhile, not because I don't love you and think of and pray for you daily but because I am not quite sure how to put all my thoughts into words. But I am going to try:
     Let me start out by saying how much I miss you, Christina Anne Fitch. I miss your laugh, our shared jokes, your beautiful smile. I miss talking to you about the Lord and going on crazy adventures to the farm on that rickety old four wheeler with Jenny. I miss lying out under the stars talking about life and our future. I miss playing with my dogs with you. So many things that I miss and I can only imagine how much your dear mom and sister and dad miss you if I miss you as much as I do.
     There are so many precious memories that I have growing up with you. What a fun childhood we had! I remember the first time I met you. You couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 at the time and you asked if I wanted my nails done then proceeded to stick fake nails on me. From then on, we were pretty much inseparable. I think you looked up to me and I simply adored you. There are so many pictures of us playing dress up in those big ball gowns that your family kept in the toy chest in the hall by your upstairs bathroom. We would play for hours, pretending I was the bride and you were my flower girl.
     How about the times we tortured poor old Amos by putting him the little red wagon and carting him all over kingdom come in the "ambulance". Or the silly imaginary games we played in the pool during the hot summer months. Since you were so young, we weren't allowed to do as much as the older kids but I didn't mind (well, except when I had to go to bed at 7 with you when the other kids stayed up but I'm not bitter :P ). I loved playing with you. You were like a little sister to me.
     Even after you all moved to VA, we were here for you when you came home. You didn't have a lot of other friends so we got you all to ourselves. Remember the first time staying at the Mazz house? The slippers were still by the bed and that creepy scanner was on. We had so much fun making up scary stories! Or how about the time we dressed up in the clothes we found in the master bedroom and had a "tea party" with the contents of the dining room cupboards. Oh goodness, I smile at the memory.
     One of my favorite memories with you happened probably in the summer of 2010. You and Gretel were up with your parents. I can't remember if Josh came that time or not. Gretel and Katy went off in the field behind the Mazz house and you and I decided to ride the four-wheeler around in that field. The stars were absolutely glorious! We just rode around talking to Jesus out loud, praising Him for His creation and for our friendship. Never did it cross my mind that our friendship would be cut off so abruptly and without much warning.
     So many things that we are missing out on in each others' lives. Did you know I'm an EMT now? I work on an ambulance and get to feel the rush of adrenaline at bad calls ('though we get a lot of down time). I guess all those times playing nurse and EMT with Amos paid off :) Did you know I now have not one but two adorable nephews. I also am privileged to be dating an incredible guy, Josh. We met through Danny. Will you be at my wedding? I always pictured you there, maybe even standing up with me. Will we get to meet each other’s babies in years to come?
     Christina, please come home. There are so many people who love you and are praying for you and the rest of your siblings. Please don't keep us cut off. I want to be there for you. I want to hug you close and laugh with you again. I want to go on crazy adventures with you and see firsthand what a beautiful young woman you have become. The last text I sent you I said that I will never stop praying that you come home. I haven't stopped and won't 'til you are released. I love you. I hope even though you won't talk to me anymore or acknowledge me, that at least you will remember all the good times we had growing up. What a childhood it was! Memories are so precious and I thank God for them and that He gave me the privilege of knowing you.

Love, your forever friend
Abby Case

Out on Silver Lake having the time of our lives