Letter to My Children (November 15, 2013)

My own dearest Children,

     Lately I have been thinking of when we are with the Lord, and all tears are wiped away.  And the wonderful gift it is to know that He has offered us free and full forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.   That is what I long for you to really know about our God.  Along with that new heart and life, he gives us courage to own up to things we would rather not.  Like me writing these letters publicly.  I hate it.  All I want is to be able to write you and speak to you as we always have, not through the filter of the pastors at Calvary telling you what they want you to know.
     I was very naïve.  Because of the endorsement of good men I respected here in NY, I never checked into the character and background of the pastors down there.  Now the men here in NY are so very sorry that they ever took me to Calvary Temple in VA.  And I am so very sorry that due to my influence our sweet Candace, Joelle, and Chris are entangled in the church there, along with you.  Many folks here have told me that due to my good reputation, they silenced their own doubts and trusted I was correct.
      I was not correct.  I blindly believed these were men of integrity.  They are not.  I recall when you, Sarah, told me that Candace was about to be marked and put out.  I had just been brought home from being put away 93 days and told to be quiet by Pastor Ron, but I asked you in surprise WHY?  Because she has been so emotional.  But what about her new baby?  Oh, Joey decided to give her another chance.  I was so scared. Because it was not right.  But if I spoke up, would I lose my own babies again?
      Dad told me last night, that Pastor Ron never told him about all the messages I sent.  Pastor Ron called randomly, every 10 days or so.  To see how I was doing spiritually.  If I was ready to be brought home.  One day he told me that they were ready to bring me home, but Tom had had a dream that I came home and was not changed.  So in light of that, although not prone to rely on dreams, they were going to keep me out a little bit longer.  I cried.
     I still cry.  Because maybe if I had not obeyed Dad, Pastor Ron and Pastor Scott, I would have been able to get you all out right away.  But I was so terrified that maybe they were right, maybe I was not pleasing to God. Maybe he was chastening me that way because that's what it would take to make me holy.
     How did I get so far away from the simple Gospel presented by Jesus, I AM the way and the truth and the life, and no man comes unto the Father but by Me......Jesus is the only one holy, and if I believe in Him, he forgives all my sins, and I stand complete in Him.....alone.

Waiting with open arms,
Your loving mom