Letter to My Children (July 16, 2013)

Jonathan, Sarah, Joshua, and Christina,

     I just got back from kissing and praying with Jordan your cousin.  He will be deploying in a few days to Afganistan, along with your brother-in-law Kyle whom you don't seem to even care about.  Your actions are breaking the hearts of your family.  Jordan is heading to war, without the love and care and support of his cousins that he has always loved, and with you Jonathan, respected.  You are sowing confusion among the hearts and minds of dozens of people, pastors have come to me sharing the insidiousness of this great misdeed, christians destroying christians and unbelievers. 
One pastor recently said this is like the catholics in the inquistion.  All I know is PLEASE I BEG YOU to talk with us, love us again, we love and weep for you each and every day.  My life is shattered.  Your dad is shattered, lies have caused this, but what the pastors have done to take advantage of dad's unsound mind is even more wrong. 
     My life is now a recluse, which is fine, I pray and take care of your father.  Once Pastor Scott told me, "You can't love Tom enough to make him obey." That is true, the implication was then I should stop loving him, as you have to me and all our family and friends.  But God doesn't stop loving us
when we disobey him.  Your dad has done a great wrong, but he is worthy to be loved and cared for. All men are.  The pastors have done a great wrong, but they deserve to be forgiven as well.   God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son...  Love gives and gives and never stops giving.  Love is willing to be taken advantage of, willing to be slandered, willing to keep on loving the unlovely. Love triumphs in the end.  Cutting off, putting away, slandering, stopping the ears from the piteous cries of people, is hatred not love.  It's not rocket science.  You know love by the deeds.  Deeds that do not match loving words cause confusion.  Like a man who beats his wife and tells her he loves her-it is abuse not love.  What you are doing is abuse.
      The wisdom of God is first pure (clear, easy to see through), peaceable, gentle (like a momma with her baby), easy to be entreated (easy to understand). This wisdom-these deeds of putting people away, cutting off, not answering phone or email or text, telling my little girl to run away, telling dad to  divorce your mom because she questioned Pastor Ron when he said things that were not Truth. These deeds are like the pharisees of old.  Jesus hated the deeds of those men, warned his disciples to not do them, said be imitators of God as dear children.  
      Remember my favorite verse Micah 6:8 What does the Lord require of you O man, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
     Jesus is at the door, what will you say to him when he asks you why have you done this great evil, 'My pastor said so?'  We all must give an account for our own actions and words, maybe he will say 'Didn't I give you my Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth?'  Why then didn't you listen to Him?  Paul said If we or an angel from heaven bring any other doctrine, let him be accursed....the definition of Truth and Love is Jesus.  READ the gospels, where does Jesus ever do these deeds?  To Peter? To Thomas? To the ones who deserted him?  To the ones who tried to keep little children from him?  To his mother and family members who thought he was out of his mind because he was upsetting the religious world of his day?
     Did Jesus obey the religious rulers when he healed on the Sabbath?  Did he obey when he and the disciples ate grain on the Sabbath?  Who did Jesus rebuke for laying heavy burdens on the people?  I'm sure the pastors love God, but we all make mistakes, no pastor is perfect.  Come let us reason together says the Lord.  Now the Lord is perfect, yet he is willing to reason with sinful man.....MERCY triumphs over judgement.
      No matter what you do to us, we....I....will keep reaching out, loving you, calling, texting, writing, sending gifts, and even coming down to see you when I know you will not see me, and will call the police if I linger at your doors too long.  But I love you, and I long for you, and I know this breaks our Lord Jesus' heart. I have to- otherwise people up here may become bitter.  But when they see me continue to reach out toward you, it points them back to the love of Christ for the world.  He never stops loving and reaching out, so I have to follow his example.

God bless you my dear sweet children.

Your own mother